This week we introduce the Bone & Biscuit St. Paul to share their experience and local insight! Trish is the pet store manager, and really takes the time to understand the needs of the dogs and cats that visit, before recommending a product. She’s always sharing advice on how to improve your pet health – if you’re in St. Paul Alberta or the surrounding area feel free to stop by and say hi!
1. When did this location open?
The grand opening of the Bone & Biscuit St. Paul was June 21, 2014. ?
2. Where is the store located?
4125-50 Ave St. Paul, Alberta – next to the Brick.
3. What are the best ways for customers to contact the store for questions and stay up to date?
Facebook Group: Bone & Biscuit St. Paul Alberta
4. What is your best selling product/toy right now?
The current best selling supplement is MediPaws: An oil made from Medical Marijuana seeds that improve the skin & coat, as well as assisting with joint issues Being Kitten/Puppy season nursing supplies and chew toys/treats are very popular as well.
5. What’s your name?
Trish Ellis, and I’m the store manager.
6. Do you own any cats or dogs?
Two dogs and two cats, all rescues from a local animal shelter.
St.Paul Animal Shelter (www.stpaulanimalshelter.org)
7. What has inspired your interest in managing a Bone & Biscuit location?
With a background in animal sciences, the health and wellbeing of pets have always been of importance to me. The Bone & Biscuit’s philosophy is in line with my own. To provide pets with the best quality products in a store that only carries high-quality foods and products.
8. Thantos hit the jackpot now that you run a specialty pet supply store! What kind of toy/treat does Thantos currently love?
Thantos is in love with Zignature kangaroo LID food, he has allergies but with Zignature he gets a large variety of proteins without any negative reaction. As for toys, his favorite toy is his grunting hedgehog and carries his it wherever he goes!
9. What is the best advice you could give to new pet owners?
Do a lot of research before getting a pet, know what you expect from your new furry friend and find out what they will need from you such as dietary needs, activity level, grooming requirements, expected lifespan, temperament and so on. Do not be afraid to take time deciding as this will be a long-term family member.
Are you interested in opening your own Bone & Biscuit pet store? See our franchise information page and inquire about opportunities in your area!?